Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Karaoke Critic: Confessions of a not-so-accidental-karaoke-tourist

Bio: Who do I think I am? What makes me think I am the first and foremost expert or critic on all subjects karaoke bar, club, private rooms, open audience, hotel, home, competitions, and all matters tone deaf? Why would I WANT to put myself up to ridicule, speculation, and debate in the first place? Why not? No one else will! I've been around... a lot, and I just LOVE karaoke! It's entertaining!

It all started out with an innocent spreadsheet. I wanted to keep track of all my favorite spots in the Bay Area. I move quite often, and I visit people in different cities. When I visit, afterwards, guess where I wanna go? You guessed it! I have time tables, uploaded songlists, follow several KJ's whereabouts, events, and happenings all karaoke related because it's fun, and I enjoy it.

At first, I thought I was just another addict. “Crackeoke rocks,” as Glenny Kravitz coined them are what I craved, but then it just wasn't enough. There were karaoke relationships, brawls, threesome offers, and that's when it dawned on me! People come to karaoke to get LAID and meet other people for not only fun, but to hook up!

You see it never crossed my mind NOT ONCE that quality people relationships could be had through connections at bars, clubs, or karaoke EVER. I'm a hardened veteran. I have a bad day. I have to go sing somewhere! IMMEDIATELY. I mean, “there are worse things I could do,” Stockard Channing's character says. I could beat people up. Do drugs. Drink more. I could go to church... nah! I've been there before. It's not as fun & there's not enough booze! :)

I thought, there ought to be a forum for discussion on where to go for certain types of karaoke and their pros and cons. There ought to be top ten lists and bests of criteria! I kicked the idea around. Told a few friends & KJ's about it, and they thought it was brilliant! It started on Facebook, and now I'm here for your perusal. Judge me. I'm used to it! I miss the days when karaoke was uncool, much like Country. Now EVERYONE has the fevah! Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment