Thursday, April 19, 2012

Unacceptable! Time for new updates and articles :)

Alright boys and girls!  I'm back!  Quit my job, told the boss off, and made MUSIC and KARAOKE my priority in life, and I may be broke, but hey, I'M HAPPY AS HELL!  It is my belief that if you do what you like, enjoy, what you TRULY love, money will follow.  I realized my dream when I was asked by Glenny Kravitz Karaoke Shark to cover for him @ 7 Mile House on March 14th.  I felt like I was cheating getting paid to do what I LOVE MOST!

Shoot, I'd do it for free as I have done for YEARS, but now I can make it my night job!  If I can get 6 bars a week, I'd be comfortable and able to pay my bills and live ok until I go back to school in September to pursue my career aspirations.  Someday in my near to late 40's, I'll realize the dream of my own bar with karaoke in it as well.  That's right, big dreamin', baby!  If you don't have a goal or aspiration, life isn't worth living!  I'm slowly but surely accomplishing all these things steadily.  It's going slower than I'd like, but hey, I'll win this race yet!

I am now hosting karaoke at Pandora Karaoke Bar every Tuesday from 8pm - 1:30am and Saturday from 6 - 9pm with the exception of this Saturday 4/21/12 because I'm covering for Barry of Barryoke from 9pm - 1:30am too, so that's 7 1/2 hours of Stella Happy Hour Karaoke AND regular karaoke this Saturday.  Yeah!  Pretty soon, I'll be at Stray Bar Fridays as soon as we iron out a few details upon the owner's return to California, and hopefully Wild Side West too.  I hope to be covering for KJ Paul someday if he needs me to at Lucky Horseshoe.

I'm just waiting for my sugar daddy Uncle Sam to give me the ok to file my taxes, so I can buy my mixer, cables, mics, and MAYBE speakers.  I can rent them if I REALLY need them, or borrow them from a friend if I choose and pay him to set them up and take them down.  That's only if the bar/club's speakers aren't entertainment quality because most places are only for television sporting event type audio NOT singing which is an entirely different quality of sound.  The thing I need most is that $219 mixer!

Tonight, Thursday 4/19/12, I'm bicycle karaoke touring again like I did on my 2010 birthday in December, but instead of 7 Mile @ 8pm to Parlor @ 9:30p to Maggie McGarry's @ 11p ending at Cat Club @ 12:30am, I got a new line up with different hosts because tonight is the official changing of the guard.  I'll start riding to Rocketfish with Roger Niner in Potrero 18th & Connecticut Streets and be there at 8pm.  Next I'll head over to DJ Purple @ the Showdown on 6th & Stevenson Streets commencing @ 9:30pm.  Ending finally with KJ Paul covering Jack's Club on the OTHER side of the Potrero Hill on 24th & Utah Streets around 11pm.  Mind you I'm on island leisure time, so it'll take me 15 - 10 minutes to get to each bar, so each time frame is a guesstimation.

It's a first appearance for all my KJ friends at all these locations, so I MUST be there just BECAUSE I CAN!  What other reason do I need?  Plus I need the exercise.  Christine has new brake shoes and lube job, so let's go climb some hills, baby! :)  Hope to see you all there along the way tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment