Friday, August 26, 2011

7 Mile House

I have a lot of love for this place in seemingly the middle of nowhere.  I remember passing this place a MILLION times sneaking out at night taking the backroads snaking past the cops avoiding them since I was underage and past curfew with nothing but a permit to drive not even a license.  I never went in because it looked kinda rough.  It used to be a biker bar as far back as I can recall.  Now the new owner has made this the most happenin' spot south of the projects on the borders of Daly City, Brisbane, and San Francisco.

This place is host to a myriad of different events.  You name it.  They've done it!  From food eating competitions and comedy to open mic nights and of course karaoke.  I think the only thing they HAVEN'T done is Jello Wrestling, and I think I'm going to propose it some time to the event coordinator.  He's a cool attentive cat with dreads named Dennis.  The owner is the beautiful young Filipina gal whom I initially thought was just one of the many beautiful bartenders here  I'm used to the female owners of spots bein' older and a little more road weary.  I was definitely surprised upon our introduction.  Their kitchen serves awesome food from lumpia and chicken adobo to HUGE tiger prawns and the usual American fare.

It's a very mixed crowd.  It's the most diverse crowd of karaokers I've ever seen anywhere.  You can come down to the Historic 7 Mile House any Wednesday night of the week and see Glenny Kravitz doin' his thang.  His lively bunch of regulars always keep the place poppin' 'til closing time.  Sweep the floors with his broom air guitar on your way on and off the stage.  If you feel like doin the creep around San Bruno mountain home to the Peninsula past Geneva and Bayshore Boulevard, stop in for a bit sports on every tv screen, the great food, their awesome staff, and of course Glenny's show from 8 o'clock 'til they kick us the HELL out!

No comments:

Post a Comment