Friday, August 12, 2011

Pandora's Box

Pandora Karaoke and Bar on Eddy and Taylor Streets has the potential to be BEST karaoke lounge in San Francisco!  There's a lot of class in this subterranean club.  They've got board games, wigs, hats, instruments, and most important reasonably priced heavy handed pours.  The mass quantities of booze I've seen come in and out of karaoke rooms at the end of the night are unreal.  Sometimes there's buckets of wasted booze!  Do you all really need to be THAT messed up to sing, or is it for those who must suffer your catterwalling to dampen the sound?  They JUST opened a sushi restaurant upstairs too!  They always had a kitchen with bar fare, but now they've upped the ante and raised the bar even higher.  They set the standard that future karaoke lounges will have to aspire to.  Hats off to you!

These girls work HARD for their money.  They hustle in and out of rooms with carts, bottle service is provided, great specials on rooms and happy hours.  Their bartenders are all beautiful in their own right.  Their manager isn't too shabby either.  Their security guys are even handsome.  They even have earbuds and wear black.  They resemble more Secret Servicemen than bouncers.  It's like you need a headshot and portfolio to work there besides a resume.  I have a lot of love for this place.  It combines the privacy of the Do-Re-Mi in Japantown with the usual bar karaoke scene.  Each room has a theme.  That's why I refer to it as the Power Exchange of karaoke.  If you remember the PE Annex when it was on Harrison and 7th Streets, each room had a differently themed from Egyptian Room, to Baroque Dining Room, to Dungeon.  They've got a Hello Kitty room and every other room has an alcohol beverage theme with matching color scheme, Crown Royal Room, Heineken Room, etc.


There's a stage in the bar lounge area with comfy modern decor and couches.  They have a different KJ Tuesday through Sunday nights in the public bar area outside of the private rooms.  My only complaint is that they need new instruments and games, but with all the debauchery that occurs it's hard to maintain things when people are beating them 'til they break and losing pieces to all the games. I'm sure it's low on the priority list of things to do because they are growing and expanding.  I only want it to thrive and wish I had a better job, so I could spend copious amounts of time and money here at my whimsy!  I miss my old hood when I could just walk there and stumble home drunk if I wanted to when I had a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment